These candies are the perfect mix of salty and sweet, and they can be adapted to any holiday or special event, simply by using various seasonal M&M’s (or if you want, just pull out the colors you want to use). They don’t take long to make and I’ve yet to meet someone who doesn’t enjoy them. Just make sure you have room in your freezer for your baking sheet, and you’re good to go!
Snap pretzels (the rectangular ones with grid lines)
M&M’s (I used the spring mix for these)
Wilton vanilla candy melts
1. Preheat your oven to 250
2. Place pretzels on cooking sheet.
3. Top pretzels with one candy melt.
4. Bake for approximately 2 minutes, or until the candy melts are soft enough that your finger makes a dent when you press lightly on it.
5. Place one M&M on each candy melt. In order to make them look a bit more ‘classy’, be sure to place them blank side up.
6. Put the baking sheet in the freezer for 10 minutes, until candies harden. Store in an airtight container. These will keep for several weeks, as long as they’re stored this way, and in a relatively cool place.
*I used 2 bags of candy melts, a little more than 1 bag of pretzels, and a little less than one bag of M&M’s; it made about 300 pieces.